WHAT IS USPS 1583 form?
Per United State Postal Service regulations, any person receiving their mail through a Commercial Mail Receiving Agent (CMRA) must fill out a USPS 1583.
Download the USPS 1583 form here
- This form authorizes Texas Home Base to receive our client’s mail.
- This form does not change your address with the USPS. If you choose to change your address with the USPS, you will need to pick up a physical “Change of Address” form from your local Post Office.
- Spouses may complete one 1583 form with both names listed on lines 2 & 6. We will need 2 forms of ID for each spouse. See below for more information on IDs required.
- The USPS 1583 must be accompanied by 2 forms of ID for each adult receiving mail at your new address.
- Acceptable forms of ID include: valid driver’s license or state nondriver’s identification card; armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card; passport, alien registration card, or certificate of naturalization; current lease, mortgage, or Deed of Trust; voter or vehicle registration card; or a home or vehicle insurance policy.
- Unacceptable forms of ID include: Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates.
- This form also requires that you get it notarized.
- You should be able to find a local notary either online or at your local courthouse. Also, some banks have notaries available to their customers.
- If you are out of the country, you may be able to find a notary at the US Embassy or you may use a non-US notary to confirm your identity.
- These requirements are necessary to ensure that no one is trying to steal your identity.
- You must send us the physical form to:
- Texas Home Base, 1530 P B Ln, Wichita Falls, TX 76302
- If you can send proof that the physical form was sent to Texas Home Base with a tracking number before 4:30 pm on a business day, an address will be sent to you that day. If we receive the tracking number after 4:30 pm or on a weekend, an address will be sent the next business day. You can send the tracking number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not send us a tracking number, the address will be sent as soon as we have received the physical form.
- You can send us the image(s) of your 2 IDs (one must contain a photo) via the following options:
- Send an image of your IDs via email to email@example.com
- Send a printed scan of the IDs with your physical 1583 form
- Your Texas Home Base contract will not begin until we have received the original form and the acceptable IDs.
You can find the USPS 1583 form on usps.com here – https://about.usps.com/forms/ps1583.pdf