Why Does An Ex Pat Need A Mail Forwarding Service


An expatriate is “a person temporarily or permanently residing as an immigrant in a country other than that of their citizenship”.  With the increase in global mobility and the use of the internet an employee can work from a home office or anywhere in the world. If you are a US citizen living in another country because of your employment you may still need a US address.  You will need the US address for tax purposes, to keep your US driver’s license, voters registration, any memberships in business organizations, and banking purposes.

If a person lives in another country for pleasure or monetary reasons all of the previously mentioned reason may apply. There are many products that are not available in other countries but can be purchased online, but not shipped internationally. Many online retailers will not ship their products internationally so in order to shop online a person must have the products shipped to a mail forwarding agent then forwarded on to them.   

If a person is a Texas resident before they move to another country they will want to retain their residency in Texas.  Texas Home Base offers a street address in Wichita Falls, Texas. USPS, UPS, and Fed Ex make daily pick up deliveries to Texas Home Base. 

We offer a Weekly, Twice-a-Week, and Monthly Mail Forwarding Service along with a Mail Scanning service.  Each service also requires a $50.00 postage account to be established. The money that we use to send your mail is deducted from the postage account each time we forward mail. When that postage account drops below $10.00 we will automatically bring the account back to $50.00. You can see more information about our services and pricing here.

Leave a Comment